Diet and Exercise Assistant

Un fichier suspect ? un virus ? votre PC bégaye ? Les experts de la Hoax Team tenteront d'y apporter des réponses.
Répondre
Bobbyl

Diet and Exercise Assistant

Message par Bobbyl » mer. avr. 28, 2021 5:43 am

Like many , many people, I'm struggling to lose weight. Apparently I have to lose on the scope of 60 lbs in order to reenter the "normal" category (although I'd happily lose just 20- or 40! I can be reasonable!).

I should note here that the biggest reason I want to lose weight is to be able to hike faster and bike faster uphill. I'm beautiful as is. I just want to be able to do more outside - like carrying a bigger backpack, and doing multi-day backpacking trips. That's hard when you're already carrrying around 60 extra pounds!

Anyway my biggest problem is not feeling like my choices impact on my actual weight loss. So ... I've decided to do something awful. I've purchased diet and exercise assistant softwate for my palm. Basically, I have to log what I eat, and what exercise I do. It keeps track of how many calories under my exercise level that I need to burn in a day in order to lose weight, and whether or not I have met that goal. You can also track your actual weight itself, graphcially, in BMI charts, you can put in your body measurements and track them over time, etc etc etc. THe program cost 19.95 US, but you can dowload a free demo version to test it first. I set goals of losing ~1.6 lbs a week ... which means I have to consume 816 fewer calories every day than what I burn. Yikes.

So ... yeah, I just spent like an hour adding in all of my exercise and meals since last saturday, and it turns out I've been rocking. I've made my goal every day for the past four days ....and that's encouraging.

This was brought about because I've lost about 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks, and I want to keep it up!

the feature I like best is the copy and paste - meaning I don't have to reenter "coffee, 1.5 tsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp skim mill" every day. Copy, paste. Yee-haww. And you can add your own foods and customize. Like, you can add the info from the nutrition label, and then just enter how much you ate, and it does all of the math for you. That rocks,'cause I HATE math.

So ... anyone used anything similar to track their fitness goals, and have a story they'd like to tell? Did it give you satisfaction? Did you stick with it? What drove you crazy? What drove others crazy?

Or, anyone else trying to beat back the pounds and wants a support buddy? "
cause I'm so there ...

Derlop

Re: Diet and Exercise Assistant

Message par Derlop » mer. avr. 28, 2021 5:45 am

That sounds like a pretty cool program! I need to lose about the same amount of weight! EEK. I gained it all when I went thru several hypothyroid phases in between hyperthyroid phases, before being diagnosed w/ Grave's disease and Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Oh lucky me. LOL. But also had weight gain after being on medication because I dipped into yet another hypo phase. Now that I'm finally levelled off, and feeling better, I'm ready to get on my exercise bike, do yoga, weights, my belly dancing DVD........anything!! I did manage to lose 5 pounds last month. Yay! So I've got about 55lbs more to go.
Dernière modification par Derlop le mer. avr. 28, 2021 7:08 pm, modifié 1 fois.

Savining3Si

Message par Savining3Si » mer. avr. 28, 2021 5:47 am

The part I hate the most is that my belly has gotten so big, that it's really sagging. UGH. The fat was one thing, this is quite another!
Despite the muscle wasting that can accompany hyperthyroid conditions, I've managed to keep quite decent upper body strength and I have decent quads and calves. It's just all the flab in between that makes me crazy!
My other goals are to gradually cut down on smoking and get my blood pressure down more. The blood pressure thing is the biggest reason I need to lose the weight. I do take a beta blocker for it, but it's still at the upper end of normal. UGH.

Anyway, congrats on your 2 pound loss!! Hurray! Sounds like you're off to a great start!

MostFer

Message par MostFer » jeu. avr. 29, 2021 6:15 am

If you are overweight then you just need to control your stress levels and heart rate. Whatever you want to try in dealing with stress, you need a measuring tool to control it. Here is the app https://apps.apple.com/us/app/welltory- ... 1074367771 using a smartphone camera, it monitors heart rate variability and analyzes the state of the autonomic nervous system, tracking heart rate variability. Simply put, it tracks your body's energy and stress levels.

Répondre